Yesterday I went to take on the 3.5h VCAP6-NV Deploy exam. An accompanying Design exam (still) doesn’t exist (as it does in other tracks), so when passing you automatically get awarded the VCIX status.
I wasn’t sure I had reached the minimum passing score, as the lab shut down while I was still working on the last tasks. Just like I heard from multiple vExperts (more on that below), the time really is very short, so time management and a lot of practice is imperative.
Luckily today I received an email from Acclaim with the subject “VMware issued you a new badge”, making this the third VMware exam I passed on the first attempt.
At this point I would like to thank my former colleagues at Accenture, where my VMware NSX journey began with the NSX-ICM and -Ninja courses, my colleagues and leadership team at Seven Principles, giving me support and resources, everyone from VMware I met in Staines, Barcelona or on projects, and of course the vExpert community, assisting me during preparation.
Especially the following articles were helping a lot:
- Manish Jha’s Exam Tips/Experience & excellent Study Guide
- Christopher Lewis’ VCAP Exam taking tips (also linked to by Manish)
- Sean Whitney’s VCIX-NV Study Guide
- Iwan Hoogendoorn’s YouTube Channel (also linked to by Manish)
- NSX Troubleshooting Scenarios & other posts by Mike Da Costa