Business as usual to keep a dark site VCF deployment up to date…
- Generating marker file on the SDDC manager
- Using a workstation with internet access to download the update bundle(s) (in this case “bundle-8203.tar”, almost 7 GB big) and delta file
- Uploading and importing them into the SDDC manager
- Fixing file permissions
- Install the update using the web interface of the SDDC manager:
A countdown timer appears at the top of the SDDC manager admin page when you use the “Schedule Update” function:
Everything went smoothly as expected in less than 21 minutes.
The release notes list what’s new:
- Multi-Cluster NSX-T Support – Enables deployment of multiple clusters in a NSX-T based Workload Domain.
- Custom ISO Support for Lifecyle Management – Enables customer-specified ISOs in place of VMware stock images for ESXi upgrades.
- Miscellaneous Bug Fixes – Includes multiple bug fixes from the Cloud Foundation 3.5 release.